Donkey Kong 3
Typed out by VmprHntrD
This is the manual to the NES game.....
Donkey Kong 3 (from Nintendo)
Model Number: NES-DT-USA
[NAMES OF CONTROLLER PARTS AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS]__________________
Controller 1 - For playing alone
Controller 2 - For second player in 2 player games.
A or B Button
Up - He Jumps Up to a Higher Floor.
Down - He Jumps Down to a Lower Floor.
Left - He Walks to the Left.
Right - He Walks to the Right.
* Select and Start Buttons Are Not Used on Controller 2.
SELECT and START buttons are functional on Controller 1 ONLY.
Press this button during the demonstration sequence to recall the game menu.
Press this button again to move the asterisk (*) to the game you wish to
1-Player game A -- Beginner
1-Player game B -- Expert
2-Player game A -- Beginners
2-Player game B -- Experts
The Select button will not work once the game has begun.
Press this button to begin.
If you wish to interrupt play in the middle of a game, press the Start button.
The pause tone will sound and the game will stop. Press the Start button
again when you wish to continue playing. The game will continue where you
* The Top score will reset to 0 if the reset button (on the control deck) is
pressed or the power is turned off.
* Use Controller 1 for 1 Player games.
* Use Controller 1 and 2 for 2 Player games.
[HOW TO PLAY]___________________________________________________
1. Spray repeatedly to get Donkey Kong up to the top of the vines and to zap
2. A power spray can is attached to the vine. Spray Donkey Kong up to where
the power spray can is attached and it will drop down to where Stanley can
pick it up. USe it when Stanley is in trouble and needs to fight back.
* The effects of the power spray wear off after some time.
3. The score for zapping a bee depends on the type of attack the bee makes.
Queen Buzzbees must be zapped twice. In the end, they explode and scatter
all over the place so you better be careful not to get hit by them.
4. The bees come to get the flowers at the bottom of the screen. Zap them
before they return to their nest. Successfully guarded flowers count as
5. "Creepies" slowly come down from the palm trees to attack. Their movements
are slow, but they quickly revive after being sprayed. Chase back the one
in the trees, and knock out the ones on the floor. When a creepy is
knocked out, you can safely walk past it.
6. There are three different rounds. After round three, you go back to round
(Not shown caption quote)
* Depending on the timing of your sprays, the vines in the center of the
screen may disappear, but this does not effect the game.
Creepy the Snake (Big eyed looking worm)
Beespy (Small bee)
Buzzbee (Fatter bee)
Stanley (Your character)
Donkey Kong (Big ape on the vines)
* Successfully guarded flowers: Bonus = 500 pts. x remaining number of flowers
However, if all five flowers are successfully guarded, you get a perfect
score of 3,000 pts.
* Time bonus points.
Any time left at the end of the round is added to your score.
* Remember, of course, the long the round lasts, the less time is left at
Guards (two) - 1,000 pts.
Guard (one) - 700 pts.
Buzzbee with a flower - 400 pts.
Beespy - 400 pts.
Attacker - 200 pts.
Buzzbee - 100 pts.
* As the rounds advance other pesky bugs also appear.
When the score goes over 50,000 pts., you get an extra Stanley.
Stanley dies if:
* Stanley is hit by a bee.
* Stanley is hit by a creepy.
* Stanley is hit by a dart thrown by a buzzbee.
* Donkey Kong drops to the floor.
* Stanley is hit by a coconut thrown by Donkey Kong.
* The time runs down to 0 (zero).
Number of rounds and Stanleys left
Shown at the upper left of the screen.
/ v \ (What round you get to depends how good a gardener you are!)
| R = 03 |
| ^ = 3 |
\---------- This shows the remaining number of Stanleys.